You Have Found a Gun Charge Attorney in Barstow CA Who Will Fight for Your Rights
California has some of the strictest, most complex weapons laws in the United States. A person can break these laws without even realizing they are doing so. The good news is that no matter what your situation is, if you have been charged with a weapons crime you can contact a Gun Charge Attorney in Barstow CA who can help. At Chambers Law Firm we are here to help – just call us at 714-760-4088 for a free legal consultation.
Which of These Gun-Related Charges Are You Facing?
There are many different charges a person may be facing when they call a Gun Charge Attorney in Barstow CA. At Chambers Law Firm we can help with simple cases and complex cases, we can help with minor charges and capital offenses. Some of the most common charges our clients face include:
- Illegal possession of an unlicensed firearm.
- Illegally carrying a concealed firearm.
- Possession of an illegal weapon.
- Brandishing a weapon.
- Carrying a loaded gun in public.
- Being a felon in possession of a firearm.
- Shooting at dwellings.
- Assault with a firearm.
- Drive-by shooting.
If you are facing these or other gun-related charges, then it is time to call a Gun Charge Attorney in Barstow CA. You can reach Chambers Law Firm easily by calling 714-760-4088 for a free legal consultation.
We Will Work to Help Prevent Sentencing Enhancements That Can Have Devastating Effects
If you commit a crime and are convicted of said crime, then your punishment should fit the crime you were convicted of. This may seem fair but in reality there are some other serious issues that can come into play. Namely, if you are convicted of a felony in which you used a gun, you could get a harsher sentence that someone who committed the exact same crime but without a gun. This is called sentencing enhancement.
In order to add a sentencing enhancement to your charge, the prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that one of two things occurred.
- You used a gun during the commission of a felony, which can result an extra year or an extra decade in prison – or anything in between.
- The “Use a gun and you’re done,” rule was broken, also known as 10-20-Life, gives enhancements for 19 specific violent crimes. Each of them comes with additional time if a gun was used during them. In the event the gun was simply present, a decade can be added. If the gun was shot during the crime, then the enhancement will be 20 additional years in prison. If someone was shot, killed, or seriously injured, then the enhancement is life in prison.
You are not alone –contact Chambers Law Firm at 714-760-4088 now for your free legal consultation.