Settle for Nothing Less Than the Best Gun Charge Attorney in Barstow CA
You do not want to face the charges in front of you with anyone but the most experienced Gun Charge Attorney in Barstow CA. You need a lawyer with a proven track record. You need an attorney who will be by your side every step of the way. You need Chambers Law Firm. To learn more about these charges and how you can fight them, contact us at 714-760-4088 for a free legal consultation. You can also read on to get the facts about these cases.
The Many Types of Firearms Charges You Can Face
A qualified Gun Charge Attorney in Barstow CA can help with a wide range of firearms and weapons offenses. There are laws about who can own a gun, what kind of weapons a person can have, and how weapons can be used. Some of the most common gun charges we defend clients against include:
- Possession of an unlicensed firearm. This can be charged as a felony with a penalty of as long as 3 ½ years in prison if the unlicensed firearm is taken from your home or place of business.
- Carrying a concealed firearm. You cannot legally carry a concealed firearm on you or in your vehicle. Any time a person is transporting a gun, they are required by law to have it unloaded and in a lock box.
- Possession of an illegal weapon. This can include a wide range of banned firearms including assault weapons, armor-piercing bullets, and silencers.
- Brandishing a weapon. Drawing, displaying, or using a firearm in any way that is considered threatening can be a serious offense. If someone is injured during the process, additional penalties are likely to be levied.
- Carrying a loaded gun in public. A Gun Charge Attorney in Barstow CA can help if you are charged with openly carrying a gun in California – which can result in even great penalties if the gun is in a restricted area such as a school or government building.
- Felon in possession of a firearm. Convicted felons and people convicted of certain misdemeanors (particularly those involving domestic abuse) are not allowed to buy, possess, or receive a gun in the state of California.
- Shooting at dwellings. You can be charged if you shoot at or near a building or vehicle.
- Assault with a firearm. If you attempt to hurt someone with a firearm, it can be considered assault even if you were not successful. A common example is firing a shot into a crowd.
- Drive-by shooting. Even if you are just driving, you can be charged and in need of a Gun Charge Attorney in Barstow CA.
If you have been charged with or accused of any of the above described crimes, it is time to contact a Gun Charge Attorney in Barstow CA.
We Will Work to Help Prevent Sentencing Enhancements That Can Have Devastating Effects
If you commit a crime and are convicted of said crime, then your punishment should fit the crime you were convicted of. This may seem fair but in reality there are some other serious issues that can come into play. Namely, if you are convicted of a felony in which you used a gun, you could get a harsher sentence that someone who committed the exact same crime but without a gun. This is called sentencing enhancement.
In order to add a sentencing enhancement to your charge, the prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that one of two things occurred.
- You used a gun during the commission of a felony, which can result an extra year or an extra decade in prison – or anything in between.
- The “Use a gun and you’re done,” rule was broken, also known as 10-20-Life, gives enhancements for 19 specific violent crimes. Each of them comes with additional time if a gun was used during them. In the event the gun was simply present, a decade can be added. If the gun was shot during the crime, then the enhancement will be 20 additional years in prison. If someone was shot, killed, or seriously injured, then the enhancement is life in prison.
You are not alone –contact Chambers Law Firm at 714-760-4088 now for your free legal consultation.