Settle for Nothing Less Than the Best Gun Charge Attorney in Beaumont CA
You do not want to face the charges in front of you with anyone but the most experienced Gun Charge Attorney in Beaumont CA. You need a lawyer with a proven track record. You need an attorney who will be by your side every step of the way. You need Chambers Law Firm. To learn more about these charges and how you can fight them, contact us at 714-760-4088 for a free legal consultation. You can also read on to get the facts about these cases.
The Many Types of Firearms Charges You Can Face
A qualified Gun Charge Attorney in Beaumont CA can help with a wide range of firearms and weapons offenses. There are laws about who can own a gun, what kind of weapons a person can have, and how weapons can be used. Some of the most common gun charges we defend clients against include:
- Possession of an unlicensed firearm. This can be charged as a felony with a penalty of as long as 3 ½ years in prison if the unlicensed firearm is taken from your home or place of business.
- Carrying a concealed firearm. You cannot legally carry a concealed firearm on you or in your vehicle. Any time a person is transporting a gun, they are required by law to have it unloaded and in a lock box.
- Possession of an illegal weapon. This can include a wide range of banned firearms including assault weapons, armor-piercing bullets, and silencers.
- Brandishing a weapon. Drawing, displaying, or using a firearm in any way that is considered threatening can be a serious offense. If someone is injured during the process, additional penalties are likely to be levied.
- Carrying a loaded gun in public. A Gun Charge Attorney in Beaumont CA can help if you are charged with openly carrying a gun in California – which can result in even great penalties if the gun is in a restricted area such as a school or government building.
- Felon in possession of a firearm. Convicted felons and people convicted of certain misdemeanors (particularly those involving domestic abuse) are not allowed to buy, possess, or receive a gun in the state of California.
- Shooting at dwellings. You can be charged if you shoot at or near a building or vehicle.
- Assault with a firearm. If you attempt to hurt someone with a firearm, it can be considered assault even if you were not successful. A common example is firing a shot into a crowd.
- Drive-by shooting. Even if you are just driving, you can be charged and in need of a Gun Charge Attorney in Beaumont CA.
If you have been charged with or accused of any of the above described crimes, it is time to contact a Gun Charge Attorney in Beaumont CA.
Sentencing Enhancements Can Add Decades to Your Criminal Sentence
If you commit a crime and use a gun or have a gun present when said crime is committed, you could face a sentencing enhancement. These are not separate charges pers se, but they can significantly increase the amount of time you spend behind bars for the initial charge. Though there are a number of sentencing enhancements your Gun Charge Attorney in Beaumont CA can help you fight, there are two main types:
- Using a gun in commission of a felony. If you use a gun in the commission of any felony, you can have as long as a decade added to the sentence you receive for the felony.
- 10-20-Life. Some have heard of this as “Use a gun and you’re done.” It applies to nearly 20 different felonies, all of which are violent. Examples include rape, robbery, and murder. If you are convicted of one of these felonies and you used a gun in the commission of it, you could be looking at an additional ten years added to your sentence. If you fired the gun during the crime then you could have as many as 20 years added to your sentence. If a person was killed or seriously injured then the sentencing enhancement could be 25 years.
We know these sentencing enhancements can be scary but there is good news: The right Gun Charge Attorney in Beaumont CA can help you fight them. It is easy to get help – just contact Chambers Law Firm at 714-760-4088 for a free legal consultation.