Choose a Firearm Lawyer in Cerritos CA Who Will Fight for Your Rights
Of all the states in the U.S., California has some of the strictest and most complicated weapons laws. Even without meaning to do so, it is possible to end up on the wrong side of the law. The good news is that if you are in this situation, there is a Firearm Lawyer in Cerritos CA who can help you. Contact Chambers Law Firm today at 714-760-4088 to request a free legal consultation from an experienced attorney.
Which of These Gun-Related Charges Are You Facing?
There are many different charges a person may be facing when they call a Firearm Lawyer in Cerritos CA. At Chambers Law Firm we can help with simple cases and complex cases, we can help with minor charges and capital offenses. Some of the most common charges our clients face include:
- Illegal possession of an unlicensed firearm.
- Illegally carrying a concealed firearm.
- Possession of an illegal weapon.
- Brandishing a weapon.
- Carrying a loaded gun in public.
- Being a felon in possession of a firearm.
- Shooting at dwellings.
- Assault with a firearm.
- Drive-by shooting.
If you are facing these or other gun-related charges, then it is time to call a Firearm Lawyer in Cerritos CA. You can reach Chambers Law Firm easily by calling 714-760-4088 for a free legal consultation.
You Could Face Decades Longer in Prison if Gun Sentencing Enhancements Are Added to Your Case
In the event you commit a felony, and during the commission of that felony you have or use a gun, you could face gun sentencing enhancements. Your Firearm Lawyer in Cerritos CA can provide the specifics on the charges you’re facing and what sentencing enhancements it may involve. However, there are generally two main sentencing enhancements related to guns:
- Using a gun during the commission of a felony, which can result an extra year or an extra decade in prison – or anything in between.
- The “Use a gun and you’re done,” rule, also known as 10-20-Life, gives enhancements for 19 specific violent crimes. Each of them comes with additional time if a gun was used during them. In the event the gun was simply present, a decade can be added. If the gun was shot during the crime, then the enhancement will be 20 additional years in prison. If someone was shot, killed, or seriously injured, then the enhancement is life in prison.
You do not want to face these difficult charges on your own. Contact Chambers Law Firm at 714-760-4088 now to get a free legal consultation.