Hire a skilled marijuana possession attorney in Claremont CA and get the best possible resolution to your case.
Medical marijuana use is now legal in California, and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana is no longer a criminal offense. However, many people still find themselves in need of a skilled Claremont CA marijuana possession attorney. Chambers Law Firm is a respected defense attorney with ample experience defending against all kinds of possession charges, including:
- Infractions: As of 2011, possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana is no longer a misdemeanor but an infraction. Although an infraction does not go on your criminal record, you may still want to fight it and the associated fines & fees with help from a marijuana possession lawyer in Claremont CA.
- Misdemeanor Possession: If you have too much marijuana to be considered an infraction, you would face a criminal charge for misdemeanor possession, providing there is no indication that the marijuana was for anything but personal use.
- Felony Possession: Concentrated cannabis, aka hashish, can be prosecuted as a felony or a misdemeanor at the discretion of the prosecutor.
- Possession for Sale: If your marijuana is in lots of small baggies, you have scales and measuring equipment in your possession, or any other circumstantial evidence indicates you may be involved in sales activities, you can be charged with a felony. This is true even if you have just a little bit of marijuana.
What a Marijuana Possession Attorney in Claremont CA Can Do For You
Even if you think you have no choice but to plead guilty, you should still contact an expert Claremont CA marijuana possession lawyer like Dan E. Chambers for advice regarding other options that may be available to you. Possibilities include:
- Getting charges dropped
- Getting charges reduced
- Seeking a pre-plea deal in drug diversion court
- Seeking a plea deal with the prosecution
- Seeking a not guilty verdict at trial
The choice will be made under Dan’s expert guidance, based on your preferences as to whether you value a quick resolution to the case or want to go to trial.
Call Now for Your Free Initial Consultation
If you’re looking for a Claremont CA marijuana possession lawyer, you’ll definitely want to meet with Dan to discuss your case. You can expect to receive the same level of service that you experience during the initial meeting throughout your entire case-you will always be dealing directly with Dan and receiving personalized advice and guidance. Call now 714-760-4088 to get on the path to an expert defense and a favorable resolution to your case.