Hire a skilled marijuana possession attorney in Costa Mesa CA and get the best possible resolution to your case.
Thanks to recent laws that permit medical marijuana use, charges for marijuana possession have become rarer in California. However, this doesn’t mean no one needs a Costa Mesa CA marijuana possession attorney anymore. Respected defense attorney Chambers Law Firm still takes many cases involving marijuana possession charges, such as:
- Infractions: As of 2011, possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana is no longer a misdemeanor but an infraction. This is not a criminal offense but a marijuana possession lawyer in Costa Mesa CA can still help you fight back against it.
- Misdemeanor Possession: If you are found with larger amounts of marijuana, you’ll face misdemeanor charges. Possible penalties include jail time and fines.
- Felony Possession: Possession of concentrated cannabis or hashish can result in a felony charge if the prosecutor feels this is appropriate.
- Possession for Sale: If police believe you intended to sell the marijuana found in your possession, you can face felony charges even if you had a small amount or a prescription for medical marijuana.
What a Marijuana Possession Attorney in Costa Mesa CA Can Do For You
As an experienced Costa Mesa CA marijuana possession lawyer, Dan E. Chambers has a thorough understanding of all the possible avenues for resolving possession cases. Depending on the circumstances of your case, he might recommend:
- Getting charges dropped
- Getting charges reduced
- Seeking a pre-plea deal in drug diversion court
- Seeking a plea deal with the prosecution
- Seeking a not guilty verdict at trial
Dan will explain the strengths and weaknesses of the various strategies that may be available to you and help you choose the most productive one.
Call Now for Your Free Initial Consultation
If you’re looking for a Costa Mesa CA marijuana possession lawyer, you’ll definitely want to meet with Dan to discuss your case. One of the biggest benefits of working with Chambers Law Firm is every case is handled by Dan, not by a junior attorney. You can always reach Dan on his cell phone, unless he is in court. So call now 714-760-4088 to place your future in good hands.