Are you facing charges for any type of firearm violation? Expert Covina CA firearm charge attorney Dan E. Chambers can help
Considering that the official summary of California’s firearms laws consists of 18 pages of densely written text and still leaves out many technicalities, you may be surprised to learn you’re facing charges for an offense you didn’t even know existed. Fortunately, you don’t have to struggle to understand the charges against you on your own. You can hire an expert firearm charge attorney in Covina CA like Chambers Law Firm. He can help you prepare a strong defense for the charges against you, no matter what type of firearm charges those might be.
Dan E. Chambers Takes All Kinds of Firearm Cases
The laws governing firearms cover a wide range of activities, and as a seasoned firearm attorney in Covina CA, Dan E. Chambers has worked in all these areas:
- Sales: Private individuals who sell guns as well as certified dealers who fail to comply with licensing, certification, and waiting period restrictions can be subject to firearm charges.
- Possession: Examples of charges involving illegal firearm possession include a felon owning a gun, a new California resident failing to report their out of state gun, or anyone owning an assault weapon.
- Carrying: In order to legally transport a firearm in a vehicle in California, the weapon must be unloaded (unless you have a special permit). Furthermore, handguns must be locked within a container other than the glovebox. As a firearm lawyer in Covina CA Dan E. Chambers sees lots of these kinds of charges.
- Discharge: Firing your weapon may result in criminal charges if you do so in a negligent manner, even if you believe you are acting in self defense.
- Related Charges: If you allegedly used your firearm to commit a crime, you could face additional charges for assault with a deadly weapon, brandishing a weapon, or making “threatening acts” with a firearm on a public street. Lucky for you, Dan E. Chambers is more than just a firearm charge attorney in Covina CA and is actually skilled in all kinds of criminal defense matters.
Why You Need an Expert Firearm Attorney in Covina CA
Being convicted on a firearm charge can have very serious consequences, especially if a judge decides firearm sentencing enhancements should apply. For example, under the “use a gun and you’re done” law, you can get 10 years in prison for using a gun while committing any one of 19 serious felonies, plus 20 years for firing the gun and 25 to life for causing death or serious injury. Even if you are only facing a misdemeanor charge with no jail time in play, having a conviction on your record can haunt you for the rest of your life.
Having a tenacious firearm charge lawyer in Covina CA like Dan E. Chambers on your side will help you deal with the stress of this situation. Dan E. Chambers will work hard to develop a personalized and effective legal strategy based on the facts of your specific case. Call Chambers Law Firm today 714-760-4088 to get help posting bail and start building your defense as quickly as possible.