Hire a skilled marijuana possession attorney in Long Beach CA and get the best possible resolution to your case.
Criminal convictions for marijuana possession have dropped significantly in recent years in California, in large part because of laws that permit medicinal use and decriminalize possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana. However, this doesn’t mean no one needs a Long Beach CA marijuana possession attorney anymore. Chambers Law Firm is a respected defense attorney with ample experience defending against all kinds of possession charges, including:
- Infractions: Since 2011, individuals found in possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana have been charged with an infraction. Just because there is no criminal penalty doesn’t mean you shouldn’t fight back with help from a marijuana possession lawyer in Long Beach CA.
- Misdemeanor Possession: In most cases, possession of more than 1 ounce of marijuana for personal use is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months in jail and/or a $500 fine.
- Felony Possession: Under state law, possession of concentrated cannabis or hashish is a “wobbler,” meaning it can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on how the prosecution wants to treat it.
- Possession for Sale: If police believe you intended to sell the marijuana found in your possession, you can face felony charges even if you had a small amount or a prescription for medical marijuana.
What a Marijuana Possession Attorney in Long Beach CA Can Do For You
Even if you think you have no choice but to plead guilty, you should still contact an expert Long Beach CA marijuana possession lawyer like Dan E. Chambers for advice regarding other options that may be available to you. Depending on the strength of the evidence, he might try:
- Getting charges dropped
- Getting charges reduced
- Seeking a pre-plea deal in drug diversion court
- Seeking a plea deal with the prosecution
- Seeking a not guilty verdict at trial
The choice will be made under Dan’s expert guidance, based on your preferences as to whether you value a quick resolution to the case or want to go to trial.
Call Now for Your Free Initial Consultation
If you’re looking for a Long Beach CA marijuana possession lawyer, you’ll definitely want to meet with Dan to discuss your case. One of the biggest benefits of working with Chambers Law Firm is every case is handled by Dan, not by a junior attorney. You can always reach Dan on his cell phone, unless he is in court. Call now 714-760-4088 to get on the path to an expert defense and a favorable resolution to your case.