Hire a skilled marijuana possession attorney in Santa Ana CA and get the best possible resolution to your case.
Thanks to recent laws that permit medical marijuana use, charges for marijuana possession have become rarer in California. However, this doesn’t mean no one needs a Santa Ana CA marijuana possession attorney anymore. Dan E. Chambers is a respected defense attorney with ample experience defending against all kinds of possession charges, including:
- Infractions: Since 2011, individuals found in possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana have been charged with an infraction. This is not a criminal offense but a marijuana possession lawyer in Santa Ana CA can still help you fight back against it.
- Misdemeanor Possession: If you are found with larger amounts of marijuana, you’ll face misdemeanor charges. Possible penalties include jail time and fines.
- Felony Possession: Under state law, possession of concentrated cannabis or hashish is a “wobbler,” meaning it can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on how the prosecution wants to treat it.
- Possession for Sale: If your marijuana is in lots of small baggies, you have scales and measuring equipment in your possession, or any other circumstantial evidence indicates you may be involved in sales activities, you can be charged with a felony. This is true even if you have just a little bit of marijuana.
What a Marijuana Possession Attorney in Santa Ana CA Can Do For You
Even if you think you have no choice but to plead guilty, you should still contact an expert Santa Ana CA marijuana possession lawyer like Dan E. Chambers for advice regarding other options that may be available to you. Depending on the strength of the evidence, he might try:
- Getting charges dropped
- Getting charges reduced
- Seeking a pre-plea deal in drug diversion court
- Seeking a plea deal with the prosecution
- Seeking a not guilty verdict at trial
Dan will explain the strengths and weaknesses of the various strategies that may be available to you and help you choose the most productive one.
Call Now for Your Free Initial Consultation
Dan E. Chambers offers free initial consultations to prospective clients, so you can see for yourself how knowledgeable, caring, and sincere this Santa Ana CA marijuana possession lawyer is. You can expect to receive the same level of service that you experience during the initial meeting throughout your entire case-you will always be dealing directly with Dan and receiving personalized advice and guidance. Call now to get on the path to an expert defense and a favorable resolution to your case.