Hire a skilled marijuana possession attorney in Whittier CA and get the best possible resolution to your case.
Medical marijuana use is now legal in California, and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana is no longer a criminal offense. However, many people still find themselves in need of a skilled Whittier CA marijuana possession attorney. Respected defense attorney Chambers Law Firm still takes many cases involving marijuana possession charges, such as:
- Infractions: Since 2011, individuals found in possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana have been charged with an infraction. Although an infraction does not go on your criminal record, you may still want to fight it and the associated fines & fees with help from a marijuana possession lawyer in Whittier CA.
- Misdemeanor Possession: In most cases, possession of more than 1 ounce of marijuana for personal use is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months in jail and/or a $500 fine.
- Felony Possession: Under state law, possession of concentrated cannabis or hashish is a “wobbler,” meaning it can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on how the prosecution wants to treat it.
- Possession for Sale: If police believe you intended to sell the marijuana found in your possession, you can face felony charges even if you had a small amount or a prescription for medical marijuana.
What a Marijuana Possession Attorney in Whittier CA Can Do For You
Even if you think you have no choice but to plead guilty, you should still contact an expert Whittier CA marijuana possession lawyer like Dan E. Chambers for advice regarding other options that may be available to you. Depending on the strength of the evidence, he might try:
- Getting charges dropped
- Getting charges reduced
- Seeking a pre-plea deal in drug diversion court
- Seeking a plea deal with the prosecution
- Seeking a not guilty verdict at trial
Dan will explain the strengths and weaknesses of the various strategies that may be available to you and help you choose the most productive one.
Call Now for Your Free Initial Consultation
The best way to find out if Dan E. Chambers is the right Whittier CA marijuana possession lawyer for you is to meet with him personally. He offers free initial consultations for this purpose. One of the biggest benefits of working with Chambers Law Firm is every case is handled by Dan, not by a junior attorney. You can always reach Dan on his cell phone, unless he is in court. Call now 714-760-4088 to get on the path to an expert defense and a favorable resolution to your case.