For an aggressive defense against any kind of murder charge, trust Chambers Law Firm
If you have been accused of any kind of homicide, your entire future literally hangs in the balance. Do not risk losing your freedom for decades or for the rest of your life by forgoing proper legal representation. Instead, turn to an experienced homicide defense attorney like Chambers Law Firm. We can immediately begin protecting your rights and working to secure the most advantageous resolution possible in your case.
Types of Murder Charges
- First Degree Murder: This type of homicide involves a willful, premeditated killing “with malice aforethought”. Premeditation or advance planning is often shown by lying in wait for the victim. There are other specific types of first degree murder that are enumerated in the Penal Code.
- Capital Murder: A capital murder is a first degree murder that qualifies for capital punishment (the death penalty) or life without possibility of parole. There are over 20 different factors that can elevate a homicide to capital murder, such as killing someone for financial gain, killing a witness, or killing multiple victims.
- Second-Degree Murder: This type of murder does not involve premeditation. But it does involve malice aforethought in the form of the intent to inflict grievous bodily harm.
- Felony Murder: If someone dies as a result of your actions during the commission of certain specified felonies, you can be charged with felony murder. It doesn’t matter whether you intended to hurt or kill the person or not.
- Attempted Murder: If you take at least one direct step towards killing someone with the clear intent of taking their life, you can face life in prison for attempted murder.
- Voluntary Manslaughter: If you kill someone in the heat of the moment without premeditation or malice aforethought, you will be charged with the somewhat lesser offense of voluntary manslaughter.
- Involuntary Manslaughter: If your reckless actions or conscious disregard for human life result in the death of another person, you could be charged with involuntary manslaughter.
- Vehicular Manslaughter: When certain types of negligence behind the wheel causes a death, you can be charged with vehicular manslaughter.
Get an Aggressive Defense Strategy from Chambers Law Firm
At Chambers Law Firm, we take all kinds of homicide charges extremely seriously, and we never give up on a case. We have the skills and experience required to thoroughly investigate your case and properly analyze all kinds of evidence to see if any of it can be challenged. For example, we know how to challenge all kinds of evidence including ballistics, DNA testing, fingerprinting, polygraph tests, eyewitness testimony, and more. Additionally, if you contact us early on in your case, we can help guide you interactions with police and protect your 5th Amendment rights during police questioning.
You can rely on us to build the strongest possible defense strategy for your case. We will work proactively with the DA to see if we can convince them to drop the charges due to insufficient evidence, and we can of course present a strong defense in court if you do have to go to trial.
Even if the evidence against you is very strong and you believe you have no choice but to plead guilty, we encourage you to contact us first. As your homicide defense attorney, we can make sure you receive the best possible plea deal. This can result in the reduction of the charges against you as well a more lenient penalty.
Call Now for a Free Consultation
If you’ve been accused of murder, obviously you need legal help ASAP. Chambers Law Firm is here to provide it 24/7. Simply call us at 714-760-4088 and we will set up a free initial consultation to discuss your situation further.