Hire a skilled marijuana possession attorney in Covina CA and get the best possible resolution to your case.
Thanks to recent laws that permit medical marijuana use, charges for marijuana possession have become rarer in California. However, this doesn’t mean no one needs a Covina CA marijuana possession attorney anymore. Respected defense attorney Chambers Law Firm still takes many cases involving marijuana possession charges, such as:
- Infractions: As of 2011, possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana is no longer a misdemeanor but an infraction. Just because there is no criminal penalty doesn’t mean you shouldn’t fight back with help from a marijuana possession lawyer in Covina CA.
- Misdemeanor Possession: In most cases, possession of more than 1 ounce of marijuana for personal use is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months in jail and/or a $500 fine.
- Felony Possession: Concentrated cannabis, aka hashish, can be prosecuted as a felony or a misdemeanor at the discretion of the prosecutor.
- Possession for Sale: If police believe you intended to sell the marijuana found in your possession, you can face felony charges even if you had a small amount or a prescription for medical marijuana.
What a Marijuana Possession Attorney in Covina CA Can Do For You
As an experienced Covina CA marijuana possession lawyer, Dan E. Chambers has a thorough understanding of all the possible avenues for resolving possession cases. Depending on the strength of the evidence, he might try:
- Getting charges dropped
- Getting charges reduced
- Seeking a pre-plea deal in drug diversion court
- Seeking a plea deal with the prosecution
- Seeking a not guilty verdict at trial
Dan will explain the strengths and weaknesses of the various strategies that may be available to you and help you choose the most productive one.
Call Now for Your Free Initial Consultation
The best way to find out if Dan E. Chambers is the right Covina CA marijuana possession lawyer for you is to meet with him personally. He offers free initial consultations for this purpose. If you decide to hire Chambers Law Firm, you can rest assured you will always be dealing directly with Dan, not with secretaries, paralegals, or junior attorneys. Call now 714-760-4088 to get on the path to an expert defense and a favorable resolution to your case.