Secure the best outcome in your domestic violence case with an experienced domestic violence criminal defense attorney in Ontario CA
Being charged with a domestic violence crime is very serious. In the State of California, there are special prosecutorial units dedicated to processing domestic violence crimes and they often pursue these types of cases even if the victim recants or does not want to press charges. This is why you need an experienced domestic violence criminal defense attorney in Ontario CA like Chambers Law Firm.
What are the common domestic violence charges you may face?
At Chambers Law Firm, our experienced domestic violence criminal defense attorneys handle many types of domestic violence charges, including:
- Domestic Battery: Any offensive touching of a domestic partner can result in charges for domestic battery. The contact does not have to leave any visible injury.
- Corporal Injury to a Spouse: If you hit, kick, scratch, slap, or otherwise violently attack a domestic partner and it leaves any kind of visible injury, you could be charged with this crime.
- Criminal Threats: If you make a threat against a domestic partner, you may be charged with criminal threats. This crime may not sound too serious, but it can be charged as a felony, in which case it could count as a felony under the California Three Strikes Law.
- Intimate Partner Stalking: Following a current or former intimate partner and/or engaging in a pattern of harassing or threatening behaviors is a special form of stalking that can be prosecuted as a domestic violence crime.
- Elder Abuse: In cases where the domestic partner is 65 or older, any kind of physical or emotional abuse could result in charges for elder abuse.
To consult with a domestic violence criminal defense attorney in Ontario CA, contact Chambers Law Firm today.
You Can Rely on Chambers Law Firm for Quality Domestic Violence Defense
Dan E. Chambers has over 25 years of experience in domestic violence matters. Whether you are charged with domestic battery, intimate partner stalking or another form of domestic violence, Chambers Law Firm will fight for you. We will work tirelessly to get your charges dropped and if the evidence against you is too strong, we will fight to get a fair and lenient plea deal for you.
Call Now for Your Free Consultation
If you have been charged with a domestic violence crime, you need an experienced domestic violence criminal defense attorney in Ontario CA like Dan E. Chambers. Call Chambers Law Firm today 714-760-4088 to request a free initial consultation.